Interdisciplinary Supervisory Industry Economist/Supervisory Social Scientist (ZP-0110/0101-4)
NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Resource Evaluation and Assessment Division (READ), Social Sciences Branch (SSB) with one vacancy in Woods Hole, MA.
As a Supervisory Industry Economist or Supervisory Social Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Set the direction and goals of the Social Sciences Branch (SSB), incorporating the National Oceanic &Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), and the Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) strategic goals and considering stakeholders’ needs, available resources, and gaps in the literature.
- Provide guidance in economics and/or social science methods, products, and information to support marine natural resource management.
- Review and approve for Directorate review economics and/or social science journal articles, scientific analyses, outreach documents, etc. produced by staff within the SSB.
- Lead and participate in initiatives designed to strengthen the effectiveness of the SSB and serve on NMFS national or regional committees.
- Serve as a supervisor of economics and/or social science staff and research projects and be responsible for all technical and administrative responsibilities/functions incumbent upon a supervisor.