Please encourage your students to apply to our Sociology Program at Utah State University!
The attached materials describe our program, specialization areas, and faculty. We welcome inquiries!
A few highlights about our program and USU:
- We have nationally recognized faculty in Sociology of Environment & Community, Social Inequality, and Demography.
- Our students get jobs! 100% of our graduating MS and PhD students have found positions at universities, colleges, NGOs or with local/state/federal governments.
- Our students have unique opportunities to participate in interdisciplinary, state- and nation-wide research studies through research assistantships (see attached materials for some of our current research focus areas).
- Nearly all of our accepted students receive tuition awards, stipends and heavily subsidized health insurance.
- Our PhD students teach courses as part of their professional development.
- Logan, Utah is minutes away from beautiful mountains and river canyons and within a half-day’s drive of six national parks, including Yellowstone and Arches. We have great opportunities for outdoor recreation!
- USU is the #5 public university in the nation as ranked by Washington Monthly (2017).
For more information, please contact our Graduate Director, Professor Eddy Berry ([email protected]) and visit our website at https://sociology.usu.edu.