The USA National Phenology Network (USA-NPN) serves science and society by promoting a broad understanding of plant and animal seasonal development.
Candidates will be evaluated based on number of years of experience and/or education, their ability to write and communicate clearly and professionally, their range of experience with a broad set of technology-focused skills, and their level of personal interest in the fields of community science, ecology and/or phenology. Candidates will also be tested to evaluate their ability to write code and manage a database.
Come join our friendly and dynamic team where you’ll have the ability to make a direct impact on the success of an established, award-winning, community-driven science program. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where people of all identities thrive (see our Mission, Vision, and Values at www.usanpn.org/about)
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and architect: Design a migration strategy from Drupal 7.x to WordPress, accounting for the unique features and functionality of the USA-NPN’s existing website.
- Coding and debugging: Develop new functionality for the USA-NPN website by extending WordPress core and integrating with existing USA-NPN systems and databases.
- Managing database: Generate and deliver data reports to partner organizations, members of the public, and other members of the USA-NPN team
Troubleshooting system errors: Assist in troubleshooting issues with USA-NPN server, container, and virtual environments as neededKSA’s
- Thorough understanding of the WordPress development environment and plugin ecosystem, as well as web-based content management systems in general
- Skills in modern software development, including writing and troubleshooting code, version control, and development of novel software solutions
- Database administration skills, specifically using MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Command-line UNIX/Linux skills
- Enthusiasm for science
- Strong self-directed task and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field AND three years of experience in programming applications systems
- Experience in managing, manipulating and developing for the WordPress platform, including theme and plugin development and customization, and experience with the underlying WordPress system
- Basic experience in HTML and CSS layout
- Experience in relational databases and the ability to manage and administer a MySQL database
- Experience in software version control: Git and/or SVN
- Experience with Drupal 7 and Drupal 8
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Java and/or object oriented based programming
- Experience with AWS and other cloud-based services
- Experience with Docker or other container technology
Rate of Pay: $53,000 – $62,000 DOE
Learn more and apply: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/5095?c=arizona